Published on Thursday, 14 April 2011 11:04
Written by Scott O'Neill
Your Privacy and Netsweeper
Netsweeper is committed respecting the data shared with us by our customers and by visitors to our website. We honor that commitment by treating your personal information with the care and respect that it deserves.
Our pledge to you:
- We won’t sell or rent your personal data to other companies.
- We’ll keep your personal information secure, using best practices and technology.
- We’ll be respectful and appropriate in how we make use of your personal data within the Netsweeper organization.
All Netsweeper employees are required to sign and adhere to nondisclosure and security agreements; this also helps protect your personal data.
What personal information we gather
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify you, such as, your name, title, phone number, email address, IP address or mailing address.
Generally, anyone can visit our website without explicitly sharing personal information. Netsweeper may make use of web analytics tools to better understand and serve our customers and visitors; these tools may capture some personal information. We may also make use of ‘cookies’ as part of the functionality of our website. If you don’t like cookies, consult your browser’s manual or favorite technical expert for help. If you disable cookies, your user experience on our website may be impacted.
Some resources and sections of our website require registration (for example to access product downloads for evaluation or to register for a webinar). In the case of registration, we’ll explicitly ask you for various personal details appropriate to what you’re doing with us (name, contact details, organization, etc.).
Sharing your information
Generally speaking, we don’t. However, there are specific conditions in which we may need to disclose your personal information to other organizations, and these are:
- As required by law, or in the good faith belief that said disclosure is needed to protect the interests of the company or in the discharge of public duty.
- To fulfill a service or product request made by you (our partners’ use of your information is restricted to the delivery of the product or service you have requested).
As you’d expect, if you click on an external link and are taken to another (non-Netsweeper) website, we can’t control what happens on that website. ‘Caveat clicktor’.
If you’re here and using our website, you consent to the use and disclosure of your personal data as outlined in this policy.
If we change the policy, said changes will appear on this page.
For more information about this policy, our site or your visit, please contact our Webmaster.