Published on Monday, 14 March 2011 12:22
Written by Travis Howle
Enforce Acceptable Use and Defend Against Web Threats
Netsweeper solutions protect your users from web-based threats while enforcing acceptable use policies across the organization. You can ensure that there is a safe and secure environment for your government, defence or NGO organization, all at a low total cost of ownership that is justifiable to your constituents and stakeholders.
Why Choose Netsweeper?.
- Software-based technology that you can implement on industry-standard Intel hardware (rather than proprietary appliances) for a lower TCO
- Support for mobile/laptop filtering as well as network-based filtering so your users are protected both on and off the network
- Granular reporting from the individual to the organization, permitting accurate and reliable records
- Dynamic analysis of new web content, adding 10+ million new URIs to the more than 5 billion URIs already categorized by Netsweeper
- Deployable out-of-band (instead of inline), minimizing risk, latency and bandwidth overheads
Key Netsweeper Features for Government
Netsweeper solutions are well-suited to the needs of today's government organizations, NGOs and related organizations that must adhere to the same standards and policies.
- The fastest web content filtering and access management solution in the market that operates 'in-the-core' of your network without resulting in latency and lagging performance issues
- Centralized web-based administration tools empower IT Managers to control Internet access and activity on a global, group or per user level while also delegating access controls to other named staff
- Scalable, flexible and reliable solution that will integrate with your existing infrastructure and will support your business now and in the future, without the need for extensive investment in hardware
- Provide zero-hour network protection against web-borne viruses, malware and phishing threats to ensure network reliability
- Advanced web-based administration console, enabling IT management complete operational control over application, including: policy management, reporting, administration access, etc.
- Ability to better manage network bandwidth by controlling access to high bandwidth resources
- Increase productivity by restricting Internet access to sites that are designed for personal use.
- Avoid legal liability issues resulting from the accessing, downloading, saving or distributing of inappropriate or illegal content